[SQU] load-balancing using squid and cisco

From: Christian Schmit <cschmit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:11:23 +0200

With the introduction of ADSL we plan to deploy a transparent
caching system. After having a look at some commercial products
which are very very expensive I got squid recommended.

So I installed redhat 6.2 and squid 2.3 last week.
I installed squid in transparent caching mode
and used policy routing along with route maps
on the cisco to redirect the web trafic to the
squid box. All this work fine.

However I need a solution that is scalable
and it would also be very good if it was
fault tolerant too.

What is the recommended setup if you want
to load-balance your caching trafic among
several squid boxes?

Can policy routing with route maps on a cisco
redirect web trafic to several squid boxes?

Would WCCP be a better solution?

Another point is that I only want to redirect
some IP ranges of our network through squid?

Any tips are weolcome,

Christian