Re: [SQU] checking if an object is in the cache

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:47:31 +0200

Hi,

try me purge tool in read-only mode. It'll take some time, and eat up quite
a bit of IO (so don't do that on busy production systems):

        http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/Purge/

squidhost $ ./purge -svc /path/to/squid.conf -E 'Concept\.pdf'

It will print all cached objects containing "Concept.pdf" (case-sensitive,
use "-e" instead of "-E" for case-insensitivity) and the extended
information will contain time stamps from "Date", "Expires",
"Last-Modified" and the like (see README), which will allow you to
determine - according to Squid's rules and your configuration parameters -
if the object is considered fresh or stale.

List-only mode is default, and does not need to contact any Squid instance
(i.e. should work even if Squid isn't up and running).

Even though the tool is called purge (for its intended purpose), it does
not purge any objects by default.

--
Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)