Re: [SQU] Host header munging?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:07:41 +0200

Mike Suter wrote:

> I turned off redirect_rewrites_host_header, with the hope that
> this would force Squid to not munge the host headers.

Please remember that your redirector still munges the URL, and Squid
caches the object on the URL after the redirector.

> This wasn't a cache problem - I forced client refreshing while
> testing, and even disabled caching for that IP in Squid.

Well, it might be that redirect_rewrites_host_header is broken in your
Squid version. Which version is it?

My preferred setup for accelerators is to use split DNS (or /etc/hosts)
for resolving the real server names, and not rewrite the URL at all in
the acceleration process, except as required to suppor IP based hosts
for old clients not sending Host headers..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker