Re: [SQU] Squid byte HIT ratio

From: Erik Heinz <erik@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Oct 2000 07:40:48 GMT

* Aaron Seelye wrote:

>First, I am currently getting a ~45% hit ratio, but for byte %, it's only
>around 20-25%.

For me it's even worse: hit ratio >50%, bandwidth saving <20%.
I would like to see better numbers, but yet I have not.

>This is fine, but I'm wondering what I can do to make it better.

I have asked this here before, but almost without response.

Maybe we have to face the situation that WWW proxies do not help much
for bandwidth saving but rather bring better responsivity.

--
| Erik Heinz, IKS GmbH Jena * erik@iks-jena.de * privat: erik@jena.thur.de  |