Re: [SQU] NDS Autentication

From: John Lauro <jlauro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:30:52 -0400

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Fabricio Lima wrote:
>
> > Can I do the same with squid? (sure, using remote autentication!)
> > But how? Which is the name of the "module" that makes a communication
> > between squid and NDS ???
>
> I think you can use the ldap_auth module for authenticating against NDS
> if exported using the LDAP service.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand LDAP but haven't actually
tried it.... That might work, but from what I understand LDAP wouldn't be
transparent and would be "SAME" login, and not "SINGLE" login. The user
would have to login into squid, instead of it authenticating transparently
in the background on first connect.

With Bordermanager, you login once into the network. (Well, for Windows
machines.... Mac and Unix are closer to what I assume LDAP would be, and
require a login via the browser....)