Re: [SQU] NDS Autentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 02:08:55 +0200

Fabricio Lima wrote:

> Can I do the same with squid? (sure, using remote autentication!)
> But how? Which is the name of the "module" that makes a communication
> between squid and NDS ???

I think you can use the ldap_auth module for authenticating against NDS
if exported using the LDAP service.

> Is IDENT a good ideia? Since the user is already logged into the NDS,
> or the user will be able to bypass the network logon, and set this
> "system variable", like this:

ident is not a good authentication protocol. It only works in thrusted
environments where you (or someone your trust) have full control of the
"client" machine and normal users cannot fake or replace the ident
service.

In a normal PC environment, faking ident is usually trivial.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker