[SQU] NDS Autentication

From: Fabricio Lima <skeeter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:11:01 -0200

If I choose to use Novell Border Manager as proxy/firewall it will
validate the user against the NDS (Novell Directory Services) thatīs
great! so the _user_ has access to Internet _not_ the machine!!!

Can I do the same with squid? (sure, using remote autentication!)
But how? Which is the name of the "module" that makes a communication
between squid and NDS ???

Is IDENT a good ideia? Since the user is already logged into the NDS,
or the user will be able to bypass the network logon, and set this
"system variable", like this:

c:\>set user = 'john'
(john is a autenticated user!)

Thanx all!