[SQU] File descriptors in FreeBSD 4.1.1

From: Aaron Seelye <aseelye@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:09:03 -0800

Hello,

I'm running into a problem with too few file descriptors. I read FAQ
section 11 and opened 4096 file descriptors using "sysctl", but when I go
into the squid source directory, and do a stock "./configure", it just
reports 1064 file descriptors available. After this happened, I tried to
manually change that by going into $SRC/include/autoconf.h and changing the
value to 4096. It compiled without any errors, but when I started it up, it
still reports having only 1064 file descriptors available. Is there any
files I have to modify for this to work, or what else do I have to do?

-Aaron