Re: [SQU] File descriptors in FreeBSD 4.1.1

From: Ole Moller <olm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:06:14 +0100

>I'm running into a problem with too few file descriptors. I read FAQ
>section 11 and opened 4096 file descriptors using "sysctl", but when I go
>into the squid source directory, and do a stock "./configure", it just
>reports 1064 file descriptors available.

I really dont know if this applies to freebsd 4, but in older versions you
should take a look at /etc/login.conf. If its a dedicated box you could set
all limits to infinity. Dont forget to run cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf afterwards.

Ole Møller olm@cybercity.dk, Sysadm CyberCity Internet
- Why is "256 Ways To Make Love" the most quoted book on the Internet?
- It is the Fucking Manual!