[SQU] cache_dns_servers ignored - 2.3.STABLE4

From: Steve Loughran <stevelsquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:13:58 -0000

Release: 2,3,STABLE4
Platform: Linux Redhat 6.2

Hi all

Our 2.3.STABLE4 install barfs when I uncomment the following config entries:

    cache_dns_servers /usr/local/squid/bin/dnsserver
    dns_children 10

It works OK without them, but I was wondering how many dns children it will
fire up? We have quite a heavyily loaded cache and I`d like to increase the
number of children, but I am unable to do this until I can work out why it
barfs. The dnsserver executable is there and runs fine.

Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance.

--
Steve