Re: Cannot cache FTP request (HTTP experts advise needed)

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:52:42 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Robert Collins wrote:

> I'd state with logging MIME headers. then see whether they preclude caching.
> What's your max object size for that directory?
> What's your max object size for your cache?

Both are large enough, esp. as the problem occurs even for the smallest
FTP download (a few K).

It's clear that this CachableRequest function explicitly claims it is not
cachable by checking various bits whose meaning is neither logged nor
known to me. Any external size, policy or date checks seem not to apply
here.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,