Re: [SQU] adding a protocol;

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:21:29 +0100

Adding other non-HTTP related protocols to Squid is probably not the
best thing to do. My opinion is that one program should only do one
thing, so a RTP proxy should be a separate program.

Please note that the FTP,Gopher and WAIS support is limited to that
required by a HTTP proxy. Squid is NOT a FTP protocol proxy, and can
only be used by HTTP clients to fetch ftp:// URLs, in which case Squid
acts as a HTTP->FTP application level gateway.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker