[SQU] Squid error when using ldap authentication

From: Wijninga, Rene <Rene.Wijninga@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:58:05 +0100

Hi list,

I am having a problem getting our Squid server to use ldap authentication.
We used both the ldap_auth program and the ldap_auth_group from FatGuy. Bith
give us the same problem:

1. we don't get a pop up box asking for a username/password
2. we get the error message "The document contained no data. Try again
later, or contact the server's administrator"

Now as far as I can see, the ldap part is running (when we fire it up by
hand, it works) and when we start a request from a browser, it just doesn't
give us the pop up box.

We made an ACL list, had the program_authenticate in the squid.conf edited
to point to the right program, and we putted in the proxy authentication
proxy required in. Still have the same problem. Has anyone seen this problem
before and has a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Rene