Re: [SQU] Is FTP upload possible with IE 5 or not?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 00:35:09 +0100

Dr. Michael Weller wrote:

> Sorry, I always seem to ask the same questions already posed on the list.
> However, I found no definitive answer there.

That is because no one knows the definite answer. Probably because there
are too many alternative FTP implementations in IE, depending on the IE
version, configuration options and other software installed..

> So, now is it possible to ftp upload with IE 5 through squid
> 2.4.devel4 or not?

AFAIK no one has reported a successfull configuration of IE where it is
possible.

> If it is possible, how can I achieve it? I get squids own ftp
> directory listing in html and cannot drop any files in there.

And per the definition of how a HTTP proxy handles requests for FTP
directories you must get Squid's FTP directory listing.

> I'm wondering if I need to tell squid not to send an own http
> directory listing.

No, but you need to get IE aware that it is a FTP directory... Netscape
assumes that if it is viewing a FTP URL thant ends in a / then it is a
directory. If it is not ending in a / then it is a file.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker