RE: [SQU] What is happening?

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:00:26 +0100

At 14:54 10.11.00 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>If you search the archives you will see the same question: and an
>answer.

Can you give a hint please? The only thing I could find in the
archive that seemed related was the thread I started myself in
March, with the subject: "GoZilla vs. Squid", and that concerned
specifically a case where the requested URL resolves to multiple
IP addresses, which doesn't seem to be the case here. (Matthias'
URLs contain numeric IP addresses.)

Worse, there was no solution at the time, just:

>Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:02:35 -0800
>Comments: Originally-From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@lava.net>
>Subject: Re: GoZilla vs. Squid
>
>[...] the interaction of [multiple concurrent HTTP range requests
>for the same URL] with Squid and with Geocities' multiple
>IPs is likely to cause problems which are not easy to resolve.

So is that the final answer? "That's the way it is, live with it"?

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)