[SQU] authentication and deny question

From: Drash, Jim [EESUS] <JDrash@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:54:47 -0500

I have impelemented authentication for sites not in my domain. I also have
set of destinations that I want to deny but I want squid to prompt for
authentication even if I deny them. Here is what I have setup up

acl myDomain dstdomain .fubar.com
acl badDomain dstdomain .badguys.com .evildoers.net
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow myDomain
http_access allow !badDomain password
http_access deny badDomain password

1) If I go to any of my sites, I go without being prompted for
authentication which is what I want
2) if I go to other sites not in the badDomain, I get prompted and then if
ok, then access is allowed
3) if I go to a badDomain, I get prompted for my authentication over and
over. I want the authenticatino to happen then the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error
to be presented.

anyone one have any suggestions?

jim drash
<jdrash@eesus.jnj.com>