Re: ntlm-authentication

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:05:58 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Robert Collins wrote:

> We're just about to update the ntlm branch with a complete rewrite of the
> squid-side authentication internals. One of the benefits of this is
> multiplexing the two requests from squid to each helper. So less ntlm
> helpers are needed, and you get better performance. Dr. Michael, how are you
> going with your site?

Well, we've no further problems. Except one or the other glitch in
ntlm-helper/squid communication. I alread sent you logs. I've no clue
about these. I cannot really beleive how this communication can be
disturbed. Or is it squid just forwarding some nonsense it got from from
IE?

Anyway, if there is a more performant version using the a member server
authentication scheme I'm happy to give it a try (though there are no
noticable performance problems with one ntlm-proc right now).

To make myself more clear: With the current default config (60sec
houskeeping, 1800 challenge refresh) & only 1 ntlm proc I've no problems,
which is currently enough for my needs ;-) .

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on