[SQU] source IP restriction problem

From: Carl Li <zmli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:10:03 +0800

Hi everyone, help me please.

We want to establish a national wide cache mesh with Squid. But first we have to check if SQUID can be configured *TOTAL TRANSPARENCY* . That means neither the brower nor the web server know the existence of squid. Cause some web service need to check client's source-IP to see if it has the right. Squid may forward client's request with its own IP instead of the original one. That's source-IP restriction problem. Can Squid avoid this problem? Can Squid work in total transparency way?

thanks!

Carl

2000.11.13