RE: [SQU] The law and proxies?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:38:55 +1100

Hi Dean,
firstly, IANAL...

Australia does have a Privacy Act and you should contact your lawyer for
advice on this. When I was last administering a moderate sized cache
with forced authentication, I simply told the users that the username
was needed to ensure accurate billing and that was we didn't look
through the logs on a daily basis. We then held the logs as securly as
we could, and only released them on request from upper management...

Rob