Re: [SQU] IP precedence/header/TOS bits and delay pools

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:12:20 +1100

Just blueskying here, but I think the following would need to be done:

Find out the standard sockets calls to get TOS/IP precedence information
from a TCP link.

enhance the delay pools code to be able to assign a request to a pool
_after_ the upstream connection is made.
Define a new ACL for entering the TOS rules into squid.
then apply that ACL as part of the delay_pools acls.

So can it be done - I think so.
Easily? Shouldn't too hard... but who knows.

Rob