[SQU] chaining 2 caches

From: Etta Maire <etta@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:49:35 +0100

Hi,

I'm writing to you as I can not find my way out to sort a problem.
Basically, I'd like to redirect all the requests coming to a squid
server (let us call it A) to another one (name B) that, if it doesn't
have the object, will go on the internet to get it. I did managed this
architecture using ICP, but for some reasons, I DO not want ICP
involved.
This has already been treated a few times previously (for instance
http://list.cineca.it/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0003&L=squid&D=0&P=89671) but
the solution given seem not to work for me.
>From what the URL given above says, I just have to modify a line in the
A squid.conf to setup B as a cache peer. Thus the ligne looks like
that:
cache_peer B_IP_address parent 3128 3130 no-query

With such a configuration, A goes directly on the internet to get the
objects instead of forwarding it to B. If I put "proxy-only" instead of
"no-query", ICP is on, and B gets the ICP messages and goes on the
internet normaly.

Am I missing anything or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Etta
etta@webmails.com