[SQU] Squid Proxy / Accelerator mess

From: tom <tallison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:46:48 -0500

OK, I'm still stuck on this Proxy Problem...

I'm trying to use squib to do proxy/cache for incoming & outgoing
traffic. But it's just not getting all the way through the
system. At least internally...

If I use either browser (configured for the client proxy or
direct) I can hit www.slashdot.org with no problem Everything is
exactly the way it's supposed to be.

If I point to my website I get one of two responses, depending on
if I'm using a proxied browser or not.
For Proxy: The address is changed to a suffix :8081 and I get
"Access Denied".
Port 8081 is the port that my internal server is bound to.
According to tcpdump the proxy and the web server are discussing
some domain protocols, but nothing that looks like a web page
(nothing on port 80)

For non-Proxy: The address is again changed to :8081 suffix,
tcpdump shows the same kind of information getting tossed around
(domain requests, but no http/www packets).
The error comes in as "Connection Failed" (This is the same error
I get if I have no httpd server running)

I proxy my browsers to 8080
Set my server to listen to 8081
squid is listening on 8080 and 80
the httpd_accel_host_name is set to either the domain name or the
IP address (192.168.0.200)
the httpd_accel_host_port is set to port 8081 (this is what the
real server is listening on)

If I change my web server to port 80, then the error for the
non-Proxy becomes Access Denied.
the ACL list has access set to accept all when I get this error.

Any hints?

By The Way, it was my understanding that squid wasn't supposed to
change the IP addresses and show the port numbers..