Re: [SQU] In Transparent Proxy

From: Ahsan Khan <ahsank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:44:22 +0500

Thanking of Squid, like this is not the right approach,

    As squid Runs in Client Server Behaviour., Unless it will not recieve
any reguest from Client it will do nothing.

        One Possibility is to write a Redirector which can rewrite the whole
request and add some http link in it, so when ever any user start browsing
its open another window like that ,. But the controling method is very
hard,. I am working in Perl to Make a redirector like that but i am unable
to control open single window in a singlee session.
    What happen is when ever i start browsing its open a new page on every
http request which makes browsing impossible,

        The only way practically i can find out is to work on radius and
send a pop-up window to user after auth process, But for that i have to do a
lot.

        I never work in Lucent :-)) so i am not hopefull.

        Please try any commercial software or wait for Squid Guru's Answers
if they have any Guide.

Ahsan Saleem Khan
Sr. System Admin
OneNet