Re: [SQU] Help needed urgently

From: Cord Beermann <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 19:03:57 +0100

Hallo! Du (K.Deepak) hast geschrieben:

>Subject: [SQU] Help needed urgently

you should try to avoid this kind of subject in favor to somewhat
like 'blocking *.exe with Squid'

> I am a newbie to squid. I have
>installed squid-1.1.22-2.src.rpm on a RedHat Linux 5.2 pc. Everything

squid-1.1.22 is rather old.

>is working fine and i am satisfied with the performance. Now, i have
>got an urgent requirement to be met. I would like to disable all the exe
>downloads thru squid.
>
>Please let me know how to disable exe downloads in squid. or if someone
>tries to download or play exe files, the access should be denied by
>squid.

in current squids you would add this to your squid.conf:

acl exe-filter urlpath_regex -i \.exe$
http_access deny exe-filter

i can't remember how this was done in you ancient version of
Squid.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann   cord@Wunder-Nett.org (Privat)
Du weisst, dass du zu lange im Netz bist, wenn deine Freunde alle E-rich,