Re: [SQU] Status of Squid development

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 15:35:35 -0700

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000, David Klippel wrote:
> I am curious about the status of the Squid project. Over the past year
> it seems that development and updates have slowed down considerably. Is
> there an expected release date for the next version of the Squid?
>
> I am new to the list and apologize if this a repeat topic though looking
> through the Squid web site and list archives I don't see any references
> to it.

Well, it is approaching christmas .. :-)

Seriously, there has been a lot of development put into squid over the last
12 months. We're hoping to release squid-2.4 real soon once we've sorted out
some memory trashing which has plagued the 2.4 branch for a long time.

Once squid-2.4 is released and we've had some time to get some feedback,
I'm going to dive in and start reworking a whole lot of stuff for squid-2.5 .
2.5 should be an interesting release, hopefully taking most of the side
projects sitting on squid.sourceforge.net and merging them in, along with
some storage manager and network code rewrites on my side to make things
faster.

Please have paitence - squid is run soley by volunteers now, and so
development might not currently be as quick as it was in the past,
but we're definitely working on it!

Adrian