[SQU] Squid and Java Applets

From: Sanjay Bhattacharya <assp75@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:33:20 +0530

Hi,
I have got an intranet where the Linux server is the gateway to the
internet. I am using squid on my Linux server. My problem is that when I am
trying to connect to the chat sites on the internet from my client (Win9x
m/c's running IE5) ,it can't execute the applets as squid is stripping off
the java applets. Can someone pls tell me why the applets get stripped by
squid and how t overcome it. My squid.conf file is :

acl mynet src 192.168.1.0/24
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow mynet
http_access deny all
icp_access allow mynet
icp_access deny all
cache_effective_user nobody
cache_effective_group nobody

I will be very glad if someone can please tell me how to let squid allow the
java applets to pass to the clents so that the clients can execute the
applets.

-Thanks