Re: [SQU] access lists help

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:22:58 -0600

Okay, I thought you wanted to restrict the sites they went to.

You can restrict by IP address or by using an authentication method.

TO restrict by IP, the machine will be blocked, not the user. Also, in a
dhcp environment, this kinda sucks.
for source IP blocking, create an ACL like:

acl DENIED_IP src 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
# you could also just create a file and put one IP per line#

I'm in a DHCP environment and we are solely using IE 5.01. Because of this,
I've chosen to implement NTLM support. NTLM is pass-through authentication,
and the userid, password, and domain are validated against a BDC of your
choice. Check past posts to this list for more info about NTLM support.

Craig