[SQU] Proxy Chaining with Squid

From: Devin Teske <devinteske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:17:34 -0800
I want to thank you guys for helping me get squid working, (i had to run '% squid -z' the first time to set up the cache directories).

I want to know, what's the best way to forward to another proxy server? For example, I am augmenting to an existing server giving it new features. Authentication will be active and if the username is not student, I want to forward all requests for that user to another proxy server (because it knows how to go out through the firewall and get internet content and return it). If the user is student I wan't to check the URL that is requested against a database (note the database will change according to what the password is (i.e. the password will be the teachers name and every teacher has a database). If the URL is not in the database, I want to return an error (saying accessdenied basically). If the URL is in the database, I want to pass the request on to the other proxy server and return the entire page to the use.

Is this all possible with squid? If not, what can do this? If yes, how?

Thanks,
Devin Teske

P.S. This is that project that I'm working on that needs to be finished very fast.