[SQU] The no_cache command is troublesome for already-cache objects

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:59:28 -0500

Hello,

>From the FAQ:

10.3 how do I configure Squid not to cache a specific server?

        acl someserver dstdomain .someserver.com
        no_cache deny someserver

This works, however only of content that has not already been cached.
In the case where cache-unfriendly sites are found _after_ they are
cached, it seems impossible to bypass squid to go DIRECT. If I use the
"client" program to remove objects manually, I then get the desired
effect however it is quite tedious to remove hundreds of objects
manually.

Is there a patch to Squid 2.3-STABLE4 that would cause squid to REMOVE
cached objects when found yet matching a no_cache ACL and serve them
direct instead of serving from cache even when a no_cache for the domain
has been configured?

I have tried with the "always_direct" keyword too with not much success,
but I recall that this configuration statement does not work with
"dstdomain" ACLs.

Any help would be appreciated,

Chris