RE: Re: Re: [SQU] icons

From: <xwindowuser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 18:00:35 -0800

well I went back to the binary, installed the daily tarball. then that still didn't work, so I went back to a 2.2 version and compiled that. I started with a regular downloaded version, then tried the daily tarball with patch already written into the c
de, then went back to 2.2, none worked. here is what I have seen:
first use was the RPM version, I could attach to an ftp site such as: ftp://ftp.redhat.com
I woul.d successfully attach but no icons, just the usual red X's where a graphic should be. then I unistalled the RPM and compiled the 2.3 version and installed it, then I recompiled it with the patch, thats when all the problems started. I got no erro
s when I compiled it together, but I got this error:
you have permission to access that folder.
details:
200 type set to A
500 illegal port command

then I deleted everything, all folders except my squid.conf file which I saved for later use. I then downloaded the daily tarball and compiled it...same error from ftp:
you have permission to access that folder.
details:
200 type set to A
500 illegal port command
then thats when I dfeleted everything again, except the conf file and compiled and older 22.2 version and I still get the error:
you have permission to access that folder.
details:
200 type set to A
500 illegal port command
I wonder if I something is corrupted? or maybe the conf file needs to be dekleted as well? or did the install from previuos corrupt something that I am missing, alls I know now is I can't attach to any ftp server that I try...thansk for the input....lar