[SQU] How to make ident lookups to use ident acls?

From: Marcio Merlone <marciom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:57:05 -0200

Dears,

I have to filter my internet access by allowing full access to some people
and allowing only some sites to others. In order to make it, I have to use
ident lookups and use ident acls on squid.conf. But I could not make it
work.
I´ve tryied with ncsa_auth and pam_auth, with the following on squid.conf:

authenticate_program /usr/sbin/pam_auth
(...)
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl total ident marcio eric andreas
acl free dstdom_regex -i "/etc/squid/free" #has a list of allowed sites for
everybody
(...)
http_access allow free password
http_access allow total password

and created /etc/pam.d/squid with the contents:

[root@linux init.d]# cat /etc/pam.d/squid
auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
[root@linux init.d]#

pam_auth is chmod 7755 already.

What is missing to make ident lookups?
My wish is to use time acls in conjunction with ident acls to allow full
internet access afterhours to everybody on a second step.

Thanks for any help.