[SQU] Are there any squid devices that cache urls?

From: Thomas Carter <tki3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:49:21 -0700

Hi

I am new to the group so forgive me for my ignorance, but I have joined the group to learn this.
I have a project that requires me to cache 250 users url activity. Basically, they use the url once then in their cached account they recall it from cache rather than retreating from the internet. Hence, the web addressing should be much faster and in theory requiring less bandwidth and to the user there the internet connection would appear faster---right? The cached urls also are needed to be collected and helped for a period of time. Is there a pre-designed software package for this? Is the Linux OS the only way to go here?
What are the performance spec a squid server you would need for this application?

Educate me folks I am a nubie!
Thomas Carter III