Re: [SQU] Are there any squid devices that cache urls?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:09:59 +1100

Thomas, I suggest you read the squid-users FAQ located at http://www.squid-cache.org

It will get you started. For a quick set of answers: squid is a proxy-cache; it does make browsing faster;it is designed for this;
Linux is an option but not the only OS - any unix like OS can be used; the specs are dependant on more than just your user count
they include things like expected cache duration and available bandwidth.

Rob