Re: session based transaction and squid round-robin

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:06:00 +1100

This is expected behaviour. The round-robin means that squid sends the queiries to proxy1, proxy2, proxy3, proxy 4 and back to
proxy1. If an application on a web server uses IP address security or IP stickiness based on the server initiating the last
connection to the server it will break.
Such applications will also break if a user is on ADSL w/PPPoE and their IP address changes, or if they are on a modem connection
that has a line fault and they have to redial.

Contact the web server/application maintainer - they have made a two invalid assumptions about the internet: namely that IP
address's are static, and that the machine connecting to their server is the users machine.

Rob