[SQU] Squid+snmp crash

From: Anton A. Golubev <anton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:58:29 +0300

Hello All,

I have strange problem with Squid 2.3STABLE4,
which I already a month could not solve.
I run SQUID on Slackware 7.1 Linux with -enable-snmp option.
If I try to ask it for some SNMP data, it immediately crashes.
There is no mention which tool I use to do it: snmpwalk, mrtg…
Trying to find out the matter I turn on snmp debugging:

        snmpHandleUdp: Called.
        snmpHandleUdp: FD 23 received 45 bytes from 196.123.456.789
        snmpDecodePacket: Called.
        FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

I tried squid-2.4.DEVEL4 - same problem.
It's interesting, when I copy SQUID binaries to RedHat machine,
it works fine. Again if I copy working binaries compiled
on RedHat to Slackware, they begin to crash.
It seems the problem is in the Slackware system, but I can't find it.
The system looks just fine, it recently installed,
there are standard libraries and the distribution is the latest.

Also I tried to get the core.
I ran #squid -Nd1ó, set coredump_dir=/tmp but there was no core
(compiled without async-io).

My hardware is PIII-600, SCSI AHA-2490, Fujitsu MAE3091LP, 256Mb.
My kernel is RedHat - 2.2.16, Slackware - 2.2.17.

I also get the same problem on another system with Slackware 7.0.
(Compaq Proliant 1860).

I saw the similar bug was discovered in STABLE2 and fixed in STABLE3
(SNMP related coredumps and problems). Is it the same case?

Any suggestions?

--Anton

P.S. I dont want to reinstall my system to RedHat.
P.S.S. Why I cant get core?