Re: [SQU] SMP & Performance when disk i/o is not an issue

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:51:01 +1300

As a minor enhancement you could look into what parts of squid are causing
your cpu bottleneck. One user found that his proxy_auth acl's were using
around 30% CPU. Another found that his peer_access regex's were chewing up
nearly all the cpu and delaying requests 2-3 seconds.

search the squid-dev archives or browse through them - someone (name escapes
me right now) has written a patch to allow fine grained function profiling
of squid. The reason I cannot jsut get up and say "look here" is that the
used parts of squid will vary widely depending on your exact configuration.

Rob