[SQU] NTLM + win200 + IE5

From: Marlos Chida <mychida.ce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:53:18 -0300

Greetings,

    I'm trying to make a squid server work authenticating my lan users trough a win 2000 server PDC, avoiding IE5 "ask-password" box. I downloaded the latest version from cvs (cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.squid.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squid checkout -r ntlm squid) and ran ./configure enabling ntlm authentication and the other options already suggested in this list. It compiles OK, but when I do the testings the logs say there's a PROTOCOL ERROR. I have tryed before auth trough PAM + pam_smd, and MSNT and both workd for me, except the fact that everytime a user opens the browser it prompts for password.
    I would apreciate any help.

Best regards,

Marlos Chida
Analista de Suporte e Redes