Re: [SQU] Access Log

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 07:26:29 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Zackerov wrote:

> Hi squid users
>
> in the directory
>
> /var/log/squid
>
> the file access.log have a strange number in each row
>
> What happens? Before there was the date and time...
> now there is a number like this:
>
> 977124411.664

This is the time of the logged event. This is the standard format used by
Squid. Use the following command to display it as a date and time.

        date -r 977124411

> how can i fix this? and why have changed?

It's not broken. If you want to use the Common Log Format (CLF) used by
Apache, I believe you need to define the following in your configuration
file.

        emulate_httpd_log on

Merton Campbell Crockett