Re: [SQU] a question about refreshing

From: Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:56:44 +0200

Hi Kaan,

you cant do it according to hit number (at least without hacking :) ). squid
use refresh_pattern and expire header of HTTP to decide refreshment timing.

> possible ? We have
> a problem on TIME_WAIT 's are too much. Every time the squid

Increase IP local port range:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range

If your box also have CLOSE_WAITs. May be you should increase FD. Because it
eats FD. Fortunately TIME_WAIT doesnt eat like CLOSE_WAIT...:)

> is trying to
> connect the original site. How can I do this, thanks for the

If you see so much REFRESH_HIT. see refresh_pattern value. And also no_cache
TAG.

Best regards,
Ilker G.
---------
/* www.inetd.org.tr */
/* www.lkd.org.tr */

Bu e-postada bulunan tüm fikir ve görüşler ve ekindeki dosyalar sadece adres
sahib(ler)ine ait olup, Sümerbank A.Ş hiç bir şekilde sorumlu tutulamaz.
The information contained in this E-Mail and any files transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed and do not reflect those of Sumerbank A.S.