Re: [SQU] Terms and Conditions

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:45:45 +1300

That cannot display the policies every time the user starts a browsing
session. It can a) show a page once or b) take them to a home page. If they
start browsing by going to favorites or a emailed shortcut they will not see
the T&C page. You might be able to do something by resetting the 'first
run' flag for IE in the registry every login so it goes to the 'first run'
page each time. But that's getting tricky.

Doing it in squid is pretty easy. Either whena new client is added to the
client_db or when a new user is added to the user cache (and you'll want
auth_rewrite so the cache gets cleaned or this won't work) redirect the user
to the T&C page. If you're kind you'll make the T&C page a gci script that
accepts the URI the user wanted to go to as a parameter and puts a link on
the page (click here to go to the page you wanted to goto)..

Rob