[SQU] accelerator and icp

From: Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:30:18 -0800 (PST)

hi,

I've setup some squid servers as http accelerators with a simple
redirector so http://nameofcluster/foo/blah/server/path will be
rewritten to http://server/path?blah. The server is setup to ignore
reload requests and with loong expire times. The /blah/ part we can
then change to make the squid request the document again. It works
great. Squid rocks.

How can I make squid not send the ?blah part when it forwards the
request? It's not too important, but it would be cleaner.

If I enable proxy with accel can I then use ICP to have the squids
peer for each other (to provide more fault tolerance)?

The servers will be in clusters of 3-7 servers in each geographic
location with a number of geographic locations around the world. How
good is squid at figuring out which peer to use if I just list a
bunch of peers from other clusters (again to make it work even if
links between the cluster and the main server goes away).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://ask.netcetera.dk/>