[SQU] Which OS for Intel System

From: Jim Richey <jrichey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:59:14 -0500

We currently run 2.2STABLE5 on Sun E3500 SPARC systems with Solaris 2.6.
We are looking at adding two more servers, except using Intel systems.
These are Pentium II 400 mhz systems with 512MB RAM and we will be using
2GB of cache on IDE drives. We have the option of using Solaris 8 for
Intel and mounting with the noatime option and using fastfs, or we can
use Linux with the Reiser FS. Does anyone have an idea as to which of
these options would offer 1. the best reliability, and 2. the best
performance? Thanks.

--
Jim Richey
jrichey@highmark.com