[SQU] Unable to resolve IP

From: Esteve Camps <marvin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:04:07 +0100

Hi all,

I'm having the following problem:when I ask squid to retrieve a web page
from a local server, it says that :

Unable to determine IP address from host name for webpage

The dnsserver returned:
Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

This means that:

 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.

WEBPAGE is a server located in the same Linux box than Squid. WEBPAGE is
also included in /etc/hosts file.

This error also happens when trying to access local web servers from the
same Squid.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

--