[SQU] NCSA make

From: Devin Teske <devinteske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:24:31 -0800

Hello,

I'm having a few problems withg compiling the auth_modules in the
SQUID$/auth_modules/NCSA folder. I ran SQUID$/configure then tried running
make in the NCSA folder but got the following error...

usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmiscutil
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ncsa_auth] Error 1

That's it. Any idears? I was told in the squid.conf file that in order to
enable proxy authentication I need to jump to ../auth_modules/NCSA and then
type %make and then type %make install

--- Optional Reading ---

If you don't know about that lmiscutil thing, can you just help me get to
the point where I have proxy authentication enabled? I just want the browser
to ask for a password. Anyone with a valid password (i.e. is a user in the
ust/etc/passwd file) can get on the net through the proxy. Everyone else is
denied access (note: I have a DSL connection).

Thanks
Devin Teske

PS. I have tried it with 2.2.STABLE5 and the daily 2.4 and got the same
error about lmiscutil.