Re: [SQU] Authenticate problem:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:13:48 +0100

Henk-Jan Kloosterman wrote:

> I want to users to stay authenticated, but I do not want squid to resend to
> user-name password!

Then set authenticate_ttl very high, like 12 hours or so.

The value you set with authenticate_ttl is how long Squid considers it's
cached password validation to be correct. When it expires Squid re-asks
the helper to verify that it still is correct. If the helper rejects the
password then Squid will deny the request asking for a new
login+password.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker