Re: [SQU] squid won't cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:30:14 +0100

Elliot Finley wrote:

> TCP_MISS/200 16826 GET http://www.sltrib.com/12272000/utah/57328.htm - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com text/html

This was a miss that maybe could have been a hit. Need to check with the
headers to make sure on why..

> TCP_MISS/304 187 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/images/615/Masts/StoryMast.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -

This was actually a HIT, but in your browsers cache. The object is not
yet in Squid's cache, and all the browser requested was a cache
revalidation. As I said Squid cannot yet cache this without first having
the object cached.

Well.. I said in my last message:

> >My first guess is that you are seeing the same issues like anyone else
> >who have just installed a Squid. Everything is already cached in your
> >browser cache, and the browser only makes revalidation thru Squid. As of
> >yet Squid cannot cache revalidations without first having the object
> >cached, so it will take some time before things start to behave more
> >normal.

And as seen above you have this problem for at least the images.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker