Re: [SQU] squid won't cache

From: Elliot Finley <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:11:38 -0700

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:39:51 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>How are you testing?

I pull up a page on one computer, then go to another
computer and pull up the same page.

>And what are you seeing in access.log?

TCP_MISS/200 16826 GET http://www.sltrib.com/12272000/utah/57328.htm - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com text/html
TCP_MISS/304 187 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/images/615/Masts/StoryMast.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 188 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/Images/Toolbar/Front_1.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 188 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/Images/Toolbar/TopPrev_1.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 187 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/Images/Toolbar/TopNext_1.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 187 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/images/615/STbottomLeft.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 187 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/Images/Toolbar/BottomPrev_1.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 188 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/Images/Toolbar/BottomNext_1.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -
TCP_MISS/304 188 GET http://www.sltrib.com/Resources/Images/STbottomRight.gif - DIRECT/www.sltrib.com -

For some reason, neither the page nor the graphics are being cached.

Go to www.sltrib.com and see if you can cache it. Anyone else that
sees this can try also if they would.

I can cache some of the pages that are linked from that page, but for some
reason, the page (or the graphics) won't cache.

Here's another that for some reason won't cache, at least not here.
It's my own site, and I haven't set anything up to prevent it from caching
so I'm at a loss here. www.systemhog.com

Any insight/clue that you or anyone else can afford me would be
greatly appreciated.