Re: [SQU] Logfile Rotation.

From: Wenzhuo Zhang <wenzhuo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:41:25 +0800

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 03:46:52PM -0000, Palmer J.D.F. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running 2 caches, My main cache is running squid 2.2 stable 5 on
> RedHat 6.0 2.2.17 kernel.
>
> I have just rebuilt my backup cache which is now running squid 2.2 stable 5
> with RieserFS and Async-IO (16 threads) on RedHat 6.2 with 2.2.17 kernel.
>
> I have an entry on both machines in the rc.local file which runs squid on
> boot up. The problem is that on the rebuilt machine the logfile rotation
> command (squid -k rotate) does not work unless I kill the squid processes
> and restart squid.
> By this I mean I kill the instance of squid that is started up at boot time.
> Once I have restarted it manually it works fine, and I don't have to kill it
> again.
> This command works on the older machine, from boot up.

I suggest you use RPM, since you're using redhat. In the redhat squid
rpm package, the log rotation is taken care of by logrotate, and there
is a SysVinit start script available. Attached is my rpm SPEC file
based on the squid SRPMS that comes with redhat 6.2, with the latest
bug fixes applied. You might have to edit the "configure" line to
enable Async-IO.

Wenzhuo