RE: [SQU] reiserfs

From: Wijninga, Rene <Rene.Wijninga@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:07:53 +0100

Hi,

I had the performance up to 35.000 hits/second on a single Compaq ES40
Alphaserver which had 8Gb of internal memory and 4 500Mhz Alpha processors.
This machine was also doing LDAP group authentication at about 11.000
authentications per second. The total processor load was only 0.6%, so this
is the best machine running Squid, ever. As the client pointed out to us,
browsing was like flipping a remote control. Almost all caching was done
from memory, so that improved performance a lot.

Hope this helps.

Greetz, Rene

P.S.: Yes, I work for Compaq (the former DEC), so I might be a little
prejudiced. I love Alpha, the best there is. ;-)