Re: Problem with parent cache peering

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:42:33 +0100

94PSennewald wrote:

> Thanks for this, it's now working much better, however, I am finding that
> pages that our ISP has cached are not being cached on our server. This time
> I have checked the FAQ and the Users guide, and am unable to find anything
> relevent. Is this a design feature or is there some setting I can use to
> override this in the config.

Hard to tell without more information.

a) What does the typical reply headers look like (enable log_mime_hdrs)

b) What do you know about the freshness settings on the parent cache?

c) Have you made any refresh_pattern settings

d) And I assume that you are NOT using the proxy-only cache_peer option.

/Henrik